THIS WEEK'S SERVICE
Closed Captions Available
The online videos of First Presbyterian's church services include a feature that is helpful to those who need it. If you click on the "CC" on the screen in YouTube, it turns on the captions to help those who might have trouble hearing the audio.
WELCOME TO THE WEBSITE OF THE FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
OF PORT ANGELES, WASHINGTON.
We are located on the northern part of Washington’s Olympic Peninsula and are a congregation of about 200 members affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (USA). The First Presbyterian Church of Port Angeles is a community of people of all ages who believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God and who seek to follow His teachings. We come together to worship God, to grow in our love and support for each other, and to learn about God's will for our lives. Guided by the Holy Spirit, we go out to the community and world to share our faith and to serve others. If you are looking for a caring church family, we offer two worship services every Sunday, so plan to visit us soon.
CHURCH OFFICE SCHEDULE
Both Rita and Lauren are working from home until the Covid-19 restrictions are lifted. You can still call the church office at (360) 452-4781, and your call will be forwarded to Lauren.
... AN IMPORTANT UPDATE ! ...
First Presbyterian Church building is closed until further notice.
All in-person worship services have been suspended.
Our deacons will be checking in with their flocks to make sure everyone receives this message and that we have up-to-date email and contact information for our members and friends.
Understand that the calendar reflects an automatic list of events. Since the building is closed, the services and events are cancelled with the Social Distancing order. Look at the latest Highlights for the current calendar.
July 3, 2020
Dear Friends in Christ,
July 26—that is the date when our building will reopen for in-person worship! However, a word of caution is in order. When we return for in-person worship, things will be markedly different. Session is working on a detailed reopening procedure in accordance with presbytery and state guidelines, but here are some key items you should expect:
- Seating will be in marked areas only—both in the sanctuary and the fellowship hall—all of which will be properly socially distanced from one another.
- Hymnals and Bibles will be removed from the pew racks.
- Everyone 6 years and up entering the building must wear a mask for the duration of the worship service—this includes all worship leaders, musicians, and pastors. Masks are encouraged for 3-5-year-olds. (*Per statewide mandate, effective June 26.)
- Singing is allowed, but masks must still be worn.
- There will be no fellowship time in the building before/after the service. Please do your visiting outside.
- Services will be available online, whether recorded or via livestream.
- Children will remain with their families during the service. Parents are encouraged to bring something for their children to work on during the service, as worship activity bags will not be available.
In addition to the procedures above, you should also expect things to change from week to week as we experiment with different worship elements and technologies. It will take a while to find a new normal, and we must also be prepared to make adjustments depending on the public health situation. A lot will be different, but there will also be a lot to celebrate. It will be wonderful to gather again and see familiar faces—even if they are partially obscured by masks. If we have learned anything in the last three months, it is to be patient and flexible. May we all keep that same attitude when we come together again for in-person worship.