Our session consisting of 12 elders and moderated by Pastor Matt oversees the work and mission of First Presbyterian Church. They meet monthly to monitor the activities of the committees of the church.
The Session met on Monday, May 20th at 7:00 PM and took the following actions::
- Approved the minutes of the March 10th Congregational meeting, the April 15th Session meeting (as amended), the May 6th electronic meeting and the May 13th Special Session meeting as presented.
- Received the Financial report through April 30, 2019.
- Received the Pastor’s report and approved his request for Vacation (May 29-30, June 28-July 5, July 10-16 and Aug 12-29) and approved Study leave request of Aug 30-Sept 5.
- Confirmed Session assignments: Building, Grounds & Properties, Mike Hansen and Paul Stutesman; Christian Education, Paula Mitchell; Community Life, Ar-dith Hansel; Mission & Outreach, Wayne Brown; Personnel, Coya Erickson and Kate Dexter; Stewardship, Paul Stutesman; Worship & Music, Randy Schuchardt and Bruce Emery; Hospitality (ad hoc, Kate Dexter, Sarah Mattson and Ardith Hansel).t
- Listened to Martha Bell’s presentation of the North Olympic Peninsula Inter-faith Earth Care Coalition. She related the group’s statement of mission and the Presbyterian Book of Order sections and encouraged our involvement.
- Considered ways to conduct Session meetings with discernment of the Holy Spirit.
- Spent time in prayer sharing our joys and concerns and prayers for the Church.
Beginning Balance - $21,346.94
January – March Income – $106,717.35
January – March Expenses - $106,255.92
Ending Balance - $21,808.37
April 30, 2019