Our session consisting of 12 elders and moderated by Pastor Matt oversees the work and mission of First Presbyterian Church. They meet monthly to monitor the activities of the committees of the church.
The Session met via Zoom on Monday, March 15th at 7 pm and the following actions were taken:
- Approved the following time off for Pastor Matt: May 11th-17th (includes Sunday May 16th), May 26th-June 2nd (includes Sunday May 30th), and August 17th-24th(includes Sunday August 22nd)
- Approved holding an Easter Service at 7 am on Easter Sunday in the church parking lot.
- Approved revisions made to the Re-Opening Task Force Report, with the option for additional amendments to be voted on in the future as changes to the CDC and state COVID guidelines occur.
- Approved resuming in-person worship on Sunday, April 11th. Seating will be limited to 38 worshipers per service in the Sanctuary, in accordance with social distancing guidelines. Doors to the fellowship hall will be open for ventilation and the space may be used for seating flexibility, with the total number of worshipers remaining at 38. Services will be conducted according to the church reentry guidelines for COVID safety and sanitation. Reservations will be required.
- Pastor Matt shared that Lauren has been working on a mock-up for the new church website, including the option to attach videos to make the website more interactive. Approved a gift card to Port Book and News to be given to Mike Sofie in appreciation for his years of work in maintaining the current church website.
FEBRUARY FINANCIAL REPORT
Capital spending year-to-date:$5,0612021
Capital Spending Budget:$70,500