Our session consisting of 12 elders and moderated by Pastor Wendy oversees the work and mission of First Presbyterian Church. They meet monthly to monitor the activities of the committees of the church. Approved revised committee titles and adding two new committees:
Building, Grounds, and Properties – Paul Stutesman & Jim Lewis
Christian Education – Rosalie Doty & Ardith Hansel
Community Life – Pat Hyden
Mission and Outreach – Tom McCulloch
Personnel – Coya Erickson, Bruce Emery, Kate Dexter
Stewardship – Bill Streur
Technology – Kate Dexter
Worship & Music – Randy Schuchardt & Paula Mitchell
Please feel free to reach out to any of us with questions, comments, and ideas.
The Session met Monday October 15, 2018. The following actions were taken:
- Reviewed and accepted with thanks, the Financial Report through September 30, 2018.
- Approved Rev. Dr. Matt Paul’s taking three days off, not including a Sunday, between now and November Session meeting
- to attend to family matters. His normal days off are Friday and Saturday.
- Part of the meeting was spent in small groups that then came back together to exchange thoughts on where we imagine FPCPA in five years.
- Approved June 1, 2019 for the annual Sizzling Summer Sale with all the proceeds from the sale going to First Step Family Support organization.
- Approved a special offering on October 28, 2018 for the victims of Hurricanes Florence and Michael and Typhoon Mangkahut in the Philippines. The funds collected will be sent through the Presbyterian Disaster Assistance effort.
- Approved Pastor Matt’s benefits for the remainder of 2018.
- Approved two services on Christmas Eve, the first at 6 PM and the second at 8PM. Communion will be offered at the 8 PM service.
- Approved the presentation of “The Living Last Supper”on Maundy Thursday in 201
The next Session meeting will be November 19, 2018 at 6 PM.
Beginning 2018 Balance - $9,594.50
January – September 2018 – Income – $227,634.78
January – September Expenses - $240,243.75
Budget Balance - <$12,608.97>
Transfers to General Fund - $16,968.58
Ending Balance - $13,954.11
September 30, 2018