Our session consisting of 12 elders and moderated by Pastor Matt oversees the work and mission of First Presbyterian Church. They meet monthly to monitor the activities of the committees of the church.
Class of 2022
- Elders Paula Mitchell (2nd term)
- Randy Schuchardt (2nd term)
- Mike Hansen (1st term)
Class of 2022 Deacons:
- Chris Watkins (2nd term)
- Cynthia Isenberger (1st term)
- Marcia Logan (1st term)
- Beverly Brown (2nd term)
2020 Nominating Committee:
- Diane Curtis (2nd term)
- Jim Buckmaster (1st term)
- Jodee Force (1st term)
- Sarah Mattson (1st term)
- Cindy Sofie (1st term)
Please feel free to reach out to any of us with questions, comments, and ideas.
The Session met on Monday, April 15th at 7:30 pm and took the
- Approved the minutes of the March 18th meeting
- Regretfully received Jim Lewis’s resignation as Elder with gratitude for his service
- Received the Financial report through March 31, 2019
- Approved the gift of $1600 to the Costa Rica Spanishclass of Crescent School for passports and related expenses from the Mission Committee budget
- Approved the awarding of scholarships for our 2019 Port Angeles HighSchool graduates
- Accepted the revised descriptions for the Elder and Deacon positions.
- Authorized Paul Stutesman as a check signer
- Received the report of the Examination Committee recommending the Ordination and Installation of Officers and scheduled for May 12th. New Officers are Mike Hansen, Marcia Logan & Cynthia Isenberger.
- Noted the reception of members: Stan and Nancy Jacobsen, on transfer from Dungeness ValleyLutheran Church, Sequim; Tim Pearson, transfer from Trinity Presbyterian Church of America,Seattle; Celia Waakles-Duff, transfer from Bethany Pentecostal Church, Port Angeles; and Jill and Keith Sharkey on Reaffirmation of Faith. Public recognition will be held April 282019 during Worship.
- Accepted with sadness the resignation of Gail Oshry from our office staff
- Firmed plans for a Session Retreat for May 4th at Camp David Jr.
- Offered words of appreciation for Rosalie Doty and Tom McCulloch for their many years of service on Session. Rosalie has served on Christian Educa- tion and Tom on Mission
Beginning Balance - $21,346.94
January – March Income – $78516.10
January – March Expenses - $74388.62
Ending Balance - $25474.42
March 31, 2019