Our session consisting of 12 elders and moderated by Pastor Matt oversees the work and mission of First Presbyterian Church. They meet monthly to monitor the activities of the committees of the church.
Building, Grounds, and Properties – Paul Stutesman & Jim Lewis
Christian Education – Rosalie Doty & Ardith Hansel
Community Life – Pat Hyden
Mission and Outreach – Tom McCulloch
Personnel – Coya Erickson, Bruce Emery, Kate Dexter
Stewardship – Bill Streur, Tom McCulloch, and Paul Stutesman
Worship & Music – Randy Schuchardt & Paula Mitchell
Please feel free to reach out to any of us with questions, comments, and ideas.
The Session met Monday evening, November 19 and took the follow actions:
- The Treasurer's Report was accepted with Thanks.
- Approved Paula Mitchell's request to offer a retreat “A Day of Prayer" from 9 to 3:30.
- Approved Rev. Matt Paul's request to take vacation from December 26, 2018 through January 1, 2019 and January 10, 2019.
- Approved that $1,200 approved at last month's meeting with $600 going to the Salvation Army and $600 to the Port Angeles Food Bank be taken from the Unrestricted Funds from the First Federal Money Market Fund account.
- Approved the Increase of the Mission and Outreach Fund to 14 1/2% by moving the Pastor's Discretionary Fund to that budget.
- Approved increasing the temporary office assistant position to 15 hours a week with an increase to $16/hour beginning in January.
- Approved a 3.3% COLA starting in January for all other church employees. Approved recommendation of changes to the Church's Bylaws to be presented at the February 10, 2019 Annual Congregational Meeting.
- Approved holding regularly scheduled “Lunches with Leaders” for interested prospective new members to meet with Pastor Matt and at least two elders to learn about the church. The first lunch will be held following the second service on January13, 2019.
- Designated that the Christmas Eve Offering go to the Presbyterian Disaster Relief Fund for the victims of the California wildfires.
- Approved the annual meeting to be held Sunday, February 10, 2019 at 1:15 preceded by a lunch at 12:30 following the second service.
- Approved adding two members as non-voting ex-official members to the Nominating Committee.
Beginning 2018 Balance - $9,594.50
January –November 2018 – Income – $286,310.58
January – November Expenses - $303,490.50
Budget Balance - <$7,585.42.>
Transfers to General Fund - $16,968.58
Ending Balance - $9,383.16
November 30, 2018