Our session consisting of 12 elders and moderated by Pastor Wendy oversees the work and mission of First Presbyterian Church. They meet monthly to monitor the activities of the committees of the church. Approved revised committee titles and adding two new committees:
Building, Grounds, and Properties – Paul Stutesman & Jim Lewis
Christian Education – Rosalie Doty & Ardith Hansel
Community Life – Pat Hyden
Mission and Outreach – Tom McCulloch
Personnel – Coya Erickson, Bruce Emery, Kate Dexter
Stewardship – Bill Streur
Technology – Kate Dexter
Worship & Music – Randy Schuchardt & Paula Mitchell
Please feel free to reach out to any of us with questions, comments, and ideas.
The Session met Monday, July 9, and took the following action:
● Reviewed and accepted the financial reports through June 30, 2018
● Approved inviting Serenity House Board representative(s) to give a presentation addressing issues following worship services on Sunday August 19, 2018.
● Heard report from the PNC. Members have interviewed via SKYPE candidates for position of our new pastor. They ask for the congregation’s continued prayers as they proceed with the selection process.
● Approved the Building Use Guidelines dated July 1, 2018.
● Approved Sunday School classes starting September 9, 2018 and ending June 9, 2019. Sundays when there will be no scheduled classes are Easter (April 21, 2019) and the weekend of the All Church Retreat (May 19, 2019).
● Approved establishing a Youth-Mentor program for youth age 12 and older to prepare for Confirmation.
● Approved a church clean-up day “Sparkle the Church” on Saturday, August 25, 2018. ● Approved a Free Will Offering for Crosby Lane concert and dinner on July 20, 2018.
● Approved Bob Slater to preach at both services on Sunday, July 29, 2018.
The next Session meeting will be September 10, 2018 at 6 PM.
Beginning 2018 Balance - $9,594.50
January-July 2018 Income - $170,427.69
January-July 2018 Expenses - $162,160.13
Budget Balance - $8,267.56
Transfers to General Fund – $16,968.58
Ending Balance - $34,830.64
July 31, 2018